Wednesday, August 02, 2006

How hard is it to be happy?

So, is it too much to find pleasures in simple things? Things like smelling the flowers. Things like watching the sunset? Things like getting ready and go out.

Girls often like to do this. They would find excuses to get ready and go out. I have known girls to dress up for throwing trash. That gave them happiness. It would be a 5 minutes walk to the trash can, but it was their daily ritual. I would hear giggling in the bathroom and then suddenly we’d have 2 ladies properly attired. A white bag in the hands of one and numerous small bags from the bathroom and bedrooms in the hands of another. It gave me pleasure seeing them getting so excited about such a mundane task. Why? What is wrong seeing someone happy. It always gives me pleasure. Such a basic thing it is, this happiness.

I cook and it makes me happy (mind you, not everyday! :-D) I watch Small-Ville and seeing Tom Welling smile, definitely makes me happy! When Rose and Jack uttered those 2 lines ‘do you trust me?’…’ I trust you’, that made me happy :~)

The upcoming boat trip is making me happy. The coming semester is me anxious but certainly excited and happy. The thought that we’d be having a Diwali function this year again, and we’d have as much fun as we did last year…is making me happy. I’d be celebrating my birthday with my family after 5 years, is making me so happy! And not to mention the gifts! ;-)

How can one not find happiness is such basic tasks? Seeing beauty in any form makes anyone happy. Then why the thought of going on a boat trip is just comparable to sitting on your bed. Are they not different? How can they be similar? Why, is there no difference sitting on a beach and sitting in your drawing room?

How hard is it to feel? How hard is it to reciprocate? How hard it to articulate?

I will always wonder…

1 Comments:

Blogger cosmosterone said...

very true divya.. thats the reason why i envy girls so much. heaven or hell. its all in the mind!
most of the guys i've seen seem so dissatisfied with life...

8/05/2006 01:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home