Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Well..

I was coming back from the mall the other day. Took a cab. Cab driver was quite friendly, not like some of the other cab drivers I have met..who would just look you down just because you are brown. Anyways, so he started talking about school, and told me very interesting facts about my own school. He was a 1998 graduate. I was fighting the desire to ask him about his current job ( ERAU graduate…pilot…driving cabs?) when he mentioned what he has been upto for past 2 years. He was fighting in Iraq. Well, obviously that tweaked my curiosity. We started talking…

He told me about how they are ‘fighting back’.

M: So, do you receive orders as to where you have to attack next?

D:No, we attack when they attack.

M: But, what is the reason for them to attack you.

D: Because we are on their soil.

Well, my destination arrived. Would have wanted to talk more..But he was assigned a new call. We bade goodbye.

I have been in this country for how long now? 3 years. And I have started showing interest in politics in last few months. All I could see from their actions is this:

Bush: Pokes nose in everyone’s business. Sometimes pokes too hard.

Rice: Runs around to placate the ones which have been poked too hard

Musharraf: is still trying to find his underwear lost between the kargil war and the massive earthquake.

Manmohan Singh: Well, kursi- kursi ka rona hai …bas wahin atke pade hain. Sonia ji ka raaj hai.

Blair: Well, the ‘shit’ty experience proved ki kaun kiska langotia yaar hai.

Laden: BOOM- BOOM- BOOM. It’s all in the name of God! We want peace! We will get peace! BOOM-BOOM-BOOM

No offence meant of-course…that is what my understanding is. ;~)

1 Comments:

Blogger cosmosterone said...

know what divya??
everyone's just doing what they are doing just to earn their daily bread!
conscience! where are you!?

8/02/2006 11:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home