Tuesday, July 18, 2006

No one betrays anyone but your own expectations...


It is good to think like this only if you want every single ounce of sadness and hurt upon your own shoulders. I won’t say that it won’t guarantee one not getting betrayed again to some extent.

It never hurts to believe in this theory, but it DOES make you close all sorts of doors. Someone once told me that it’s called ‘solitude’. Someone called it ‘taking time’ the other called it ’need space’.

You expect your mom to take care of you when you down with flu/fever

You expect you brother to punch in that guy’s nose in who broke your heart

You expect your best friend to listen to your failed attempts to get to talk to that mouth watering ( :-D) neighbor.

You expect great deal of food from your grandmother in your summer vacation

You expect your date to show up on time with flowers to apologize for making you wait

You expect a gift on your birthday

You expect someone to say those three magical words and mean it too

You do expect a good grade even though you know you have just worked on the project/assignment/exam only for those wee hours of the night.

You do expect to get loved in return.

It’s true, no one betrays us but our own expectations, but nothing betrays the heart more than having no-expectations.

2 Comments:

Blogger cosmosterone said...

concur with every word of what you say...

7/28/2006 12:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Know I came and would come cheer you up everytime you get sick
Know I would beat the hell at anyone who ever hurts you (under 300 lbs please)
Know I would be always around to listen (but not to hook you up with some other guy I have my limits too!)
Know I would make 1549 chocolate cakes to make sure you have enough for when I am gone
Know I will apologize again next time I am late in the lab
Know I will be around for your birthday, nowhere else
Know I will sincerely say "what is up?" every time I see you
Know I'll talk Steve and you into getting stuff done so we all get our A once more

I'm not your mother, your brother, or your future husbund and I will never be able to fullfill some of your expectations, but I'll do my best anyways just because
well...

I am someone who cares

7/30/2006 06:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home